2013 : The year of Internet of Things started. We need more coders than ever before. Every student should learn to code. One million more jobs than students by 2020.
In 2012 Apple paid out $7 billion to developers. In 2013, the global app economy will be $25 billion. In 2013, 1.8 million apps available for all platforms.Every minute, 571 new websites are created.
Coding For Kids
WHAT IS IT?
Coding4Kids is an introduction to programming & App design in a fun, collaborative, and creative environment! It’s designed to inspire students to continue learning how technology improves real world relationships, connections, and life.
- how the Internet works
- basic computer programming
- logic, problem solving and creativity
- App design
The course features puzzles, as well as familiar characters from popular games Angry Birds and Plants vs. Zombies. Using a blended learning model, children are learning with a mix of online, self-guided activities and “unplugged”activities that use no computer at all.
WHY COMPUTER SCIENCE?
Software is everywhere. It’s shaping almost every aspect of how we live our lives. But very few kids are learning how to actually create games, apps and programs.
Did you know?
- Highest paid part time job while in college is for computer programmers.
- 90% of American schools don’t teach computer science.
- 1,000,000 MORE JOBS THAN STUDENTS BY 2020.
- Exposure to CS leads to the best-paying jobs in the world.
- Early exposure to programming leads to tech entrepreneurship.
- It help students to enroll for high school AP Computer Science.
Computer science is a foundation for every student. That’s why we’re introducing ours to these critical 21st century skills.